New Zealand’s adventure capital is surrounded by snow-capped mountains & Lake Wakatipu – a bustling town with après atmosphere. Cardrona is a short drive from Queenstown airport over the spectacular Crown Range!
Top 5 Tips When Coming from Queenstown
- Take the bus! You don’t have to drive yourself to Cardrona – we offer a bunch of transport options to get you & your family up the mountain. Sit back, relax & let us take care of the drive!
- Pick up your passes in advance. Visit our office on the corner of Shotover & Rees streets, sort out your passes & any extras before you get to Cardrona! Go straight to the slopes as soon as you arrive – score those fresh lines first thing!
- If you’re driving yourself: Don’t forget to throw your chains in the boot! Conditions on alpine roads can change quickly – it pays to be prepared. Make sure you check out the historic Cardrona Hotel on your way!
- Park at Valley View! If you’ve already picked up your passes you can park at Valley View! Save 10mins of the drive, get your coffee at Little Meg Cafe & get on the lift before anyone else!
- See Queenstown from Cardrona: Once you’re away on your skis & boards, make sure you take a run down Queenstown Return or Skyline trails – they’re green trails with spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu & the Southern Alps! Don’t forget your camera!!
Accommodation in Queenstown
Queenstown has a variety of accommodation options to suit every budget! You’ll find hotels, resorts, self-contained apartments, lodges, motels & backpackers throughout the town, an easy walk to the shops & restaurants. Check out more information on accommodation in the world’s adventure capital here.
Many hotels & hostels can help organise your activities both on & off the snow – pop into their receptions to find out more!
With over 150 places to dine, you won’t be short of choices when looking for a place to eat. Grab a bite along the waterfront at 1 of the restaurants on the wharf, or stroll through the centre of town to experience the vibrant atmosphere. Check out all the dining options for every culinary connoisseur here.
Along with hitting the slopes, there is plenty to see & do including rafting, cycling, scenic cruises, horse treks, guided tours… the list goes on! For more information visit www.realjourneys.co.nz.