Make life simpler & hire all your winter clothing up the mountain. Cardrona has plenty of snow clothing which will help you stay warm & dry even if you’re a beginner who spends more time in the snow & on your feet. Rent your jackets & pants up the mountain & you have the option of dropping your gear back to our Wanaka or Queenstown offices at the end of your winter holiday.
Winter 2017 prices coming soon…
|1 Day||2 Day||3 Day||4 Day||5 Day|
Clothing is available as a part suit or full suit in both a 1 piece or jacket + pants. Sizes range from Junior XS–L (approx. 3yrs upwards) to Adult XS–XXXXL.
Jacket or Pants
- All multi day rentals to be purchased for a single card holder, within a single transaction
- Overnight storage is available for consecutive day hire
- Goggles: $19
- Helmets (per day): $13
- Helmets (3 day+ rental): $10 per day
- Wristguards (to rent): $6 (free of charge with all snowboard rental)
- Wristguards (to purchase): $20
- Gloves (to keep): $20
- Bag check/storage (Unlimited Access): $5
- Insurance: $5
- Under 5 years rental: $13 (1hr)
- Dressing rooms are located in the Rental Department
Gloves & hats are not available for rental for hygiene reasons. Instead we have a range of practical gloves & hats that you can buy at less than the cost of rental for a 2 day trip – great value that you get to keep & use for your entire holiday!
For information on rental equipment including skis, boots, poles & snowboards go to Equipment Hire.
2016 Clothing and Accessories Bundle
- Gloves (which you get to keep at the end of your rental)
- Flexibility! You don’t have to travel with heavy equipment
- You can change boots & skis anytime through the day. If you break something, it is easily replaced
- With the latest automated tuner our equipment is well maintained
- Rental is available in great value packages, resulting in greater savings
- You can take the equipment to surrounding mountains in the Southern Lakes and return it to our offices in either Wanaka or Queenstown when you are finished
Hints & Tips
- Single layer sporting socks which reach up your upper calf work well in boots
- Avoid socks with high cotton content and ribbing or seams as these create pressure points
- Keep all extra clothing (pants leg) OUT of the top of the boot to avoid chafing
- Dress in layers so you can more easily adjust to temperature changes
Note for Rental
Identification is required for all rental. You will need to provide a credit card (preferable), passport or drivers licence. Failing this a fully refundable cash bond will be held until equipment is returned. Insurance can be purchased for $5 per person per day to cover you against damage.