Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check out our FAQs & the answers below so we can help you out! If you haven’t found the answer to your question, contact us & we will get in touch!
- What are the season dates?
- Can I stay on the mountain at Cardrona?
- Are there shuttles or buses to the mountain?
- How close is Cardrona to Queenstown & Wanaka?
- Are there any childcare facilities at Cardrona?
- What time do half day passes start?
- Do you have a family pass?
- Can I store my gear on the mountain?
- What should I wear?
- Are there any jobs available?
What are the season dates?
The dates for the 2016 season are 11th June – 9th October.
Can I stay on the mountain at Cardrona?
Yes, apartment accommodation at Cardrona is available. However, space is limited so it is important to book early. Alternatively, Wanaka & Queenstown are the closest towns to the mountain & offer a range of accommodation options.
Are there shuttles or buses to the mountain?
There are a number of transport options available from Wanaka, Queenstown & Cromwell. Bus, shuttle, taxi or helicopter transfers are all on offer. View the different transport companies operating services to Cardrona.
How close is Cardrona to Wanaka & Queenstown?
Cardrona is 34km (35min drive) from Wanaka & 58km (60min drive) from Queenstown.
Are there any child care facilities at Cardrona?
Cardrona’s Nursery is a licensed Early Childcare Centre for 3 mths – 2yrs. Cardrona’s Kindy is a fully licensed Early Childcare Centre for 2 – 4 yrs. View information on the kindy, nursery & enrolment forms.
Cardrona also offers Ski Kindy, which is a fully licensed Early Childcare Centre for 3 & 4 year olds to learn to ski with a specialist instructor.
What time do half day passes start?
Half day passes can be either a morning half day finishing at 12.30pm or an afternoon half day starting at 12.30pm
Do you have a family pass?
Families come in all shapes & sizes these days so Cardrona does not have a family pass. Our helpful team will assist you in finding the correct pass for each family member. Dad may have quite different needs to the kids that have never skied.
Can I store my gear on the mountain?
If your gear is rented from Cardrona’s fleet our overnight storage facility is complimentary. Storage is available for own gear at $8 per day.
What should I wear?
In the mountain environment, the weather can change rapidly & often when you wake up in town the weather is completely different to what it’s like on the mountain. We recommend bringing & wearing several layers so you can adjust to the changing conditions & make sure the kids do the same.
Dress everyone with:
• Thermal layer – polypropylene or merino long johns & top
• Socks – knee-length, not too thick & pulled up so there are no wrinkles inside the boots
• A warm, long-sleeved top, wool or fleece is best. Try to avoid cotton as it is very hard to keep warm if it gets wet. NOTE: The colder the day, the more mid-layers you will need.
• Waterproof (and preferably lined/insulated) jacket & pants
• Warm, waterproof gloves or mittens
• Warm hat
• Eye protection – goggles or sunglasses*
• Lots of sunscreen*
* Eye protection & sunscreen are extremely important, the sun gets reflected by the snow & can cause severe sunburn &/or snow-blindness if not properly protected.
Are there any jobs available?
Check our employment page for FAQs & further details on employment & job opportunities for the 2016 season!