Mountain Stats & Facts
- Base Area Elevation: 1670m
- Highest Lifted Point: 1860m
- Vertical Rise: 600m
- Terrain: 345ha
Skiing & Snowboarding Terrain
- 25% Beginner
- 25% Intermediate
- 30% Advanced
- 20% Expert
Operating hours: 9am – 4pm daily (10am – 4pm daily during summer season)
Winter Season: 10th June – 15th October 2017 (longest season in the South Island)
Summer Season: 27th December 2016 – 2nd April 2017 (from the week ending 12th February, Cardrona will only be open Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays)
Average Annual Snowfall: 2.9m. Snowmaking to supplement natural snow in the Main, Captain’s, Arcadia & Valley View Basins.
- 2 quad fixed chairlifts
- 2 quad express chairlifts
- 3 surface conveyor lifts
- 1 platter tow lift
- Lift capacity 11,000 people per hour
- The Cardrona General Store
- Full ski & snowboard rental services including workshop
- On-mountain accommodation
- Snowfoto – on-mountain photography of you & your family
- Ticketing & guest services
- Medical Centre – Cardrona’s medical facilities, equipment & staff are of a very high standard. A registered doctor is on duty at all times, & a physiotherapist is on standby. Trained Patrol staff monitor on-slope safety constantly
- Bag check available in Rentals for the small fee of $5
Ski & Snowboard Instruction, Coaching, Childcare
- Ski & Snowboard School
- Cardrona Alpine Ski Team dedicated to coaching ski race athletes
- Cardrona Parks Squad dedicated to coaching freestyle athletes
- New Zealand’s best facilities for kids:
- Nursery & Kindy (3mths – 4yrs)
- Ski Kindy (3 – 4yrs)
- Kids Ski & Snowboard School (5 – 14yrs) with indoor facilities in the Archway Building (Eastside & Westside)
- The Cardrona Kindies are licensed early childhood centres, audited bi-annually by the NZ Ministry of Education
We have 6 cafés on the mountain.
Downstairs in the main base building you’ll find the Base Café, which serves a huge range of fast food & drinks. It’s great if you’re on the run, & has plenty of sweet things to keep those energy levels up. Base Café seats 300 people inside, & another 180 in the courtyard outside.
Upstairs you will find the Mezz Café which serves a restaurant-style lunch. It has great views of the mountain, great coffee & a wide range of wines & spirits if you’re after something stronger! Mezz Cafe seats 120 people.
Beside the Base Café is the Juice and Java Bar which serves freshly-made juices, smoothies & espresso type coffees.
Dining slope-side is even better with the Noodle Bar, with wide decks overlooking the slopes. Ski right in from Skyline ridge to select fresh vegetables, noodles & meats cooked on the spot for hot, nutritious dining. Noodle Bar seats 80 inside & 40 outside.
On the other side of the mountain is the Captain’s Pizzeria where the food is delicious & the sheltered outdoor dining makes you feel on top of the world. Captain’s seats 240 inside & 80 outside on the wide, sunny decks.
At the bottom of Valley View Quad is the new Little Meg Café – perfect for a snack on the go! If you have your lift pass already, park at the bottom of Valley View, grab a coffee from Little Meg & get on the lifts before anyone else! It’s the perfect place to get your early morning caffeine fix!