Cardrona is the only place in New Zealand where you can go mountain carting... this is one for your summer bucket list!
Stuff.co.nz called this “the coolest thing to do in New Zealand”, and now it’s your turn to find out why...
About Mountain Carting
Mountain carts are purpose-built in Germany for alpine trails; with 3 wheels, a low centre of gravity, and two hydraulic disc brakes.
- Cardrona has three mountain carting trails to choose from – please note that all trails may not be available for all sessions.
- Mountain carting sessions run for two hours.
- Carting sessions run on the hour, every hour, with the last session starting 2 hours before daily closing time.
- Please arrive at least 30mins before your session – driving times may take 10-15mins longer this summer due to construction on the Cardrona mountain road.
- When booking your carting session, choose your cart based on your height.
- All safety equipment will be provided. Please wear covered footwear and bring warm clothing layers.
- All mountain carters must read and sign a waiver and watch the safety briefing video before their session.
- Kids must be 8 years old and 100cm+ tall to ride on their own cart – kids younger or shorter can ride tandem with an adult. Please note that a $25 “carting buddy” rate may apply, and the combined weight per cart must not exceed 110kg.
- Kids under 12 years must mountain cart with a responsible adult.
- Gift vouchers are available and can be purchased online here.
Have any questions about mountain carting at Cardrona? Contact our friendly Guest Services team for more info!