3 wheels, 3 times the fun! Experience New Zealand’s first gravity-fuelled mountain carting adventure at Cardrona.
Experience Cardrona’s newest gravity-fuelled activity– mountain carting! No prior experience is needed for this fun downhill activity, just a sense of adventure & a thirst for FUN!
For the 2017/18 season we've got 3 mountain cart trails to choose from, the longest of which is over 3km long & spans all the way out to Captain's Basin, and back to Whitestar Express! Ride the lift & get faster on every lap as you become more familiar with the course & our unique mountain carts!
What is a mountain cart?
The 3-wheeled, alpine specialized, German-made mountain cart is designed for performance, comfort & safety.
- The low centre of gravity & wide wheelbase enables high stability
- Hydraulic disc brakes mean security, even on steeper tracks
- Ergonomic design allows for a relaxed & comfortable sitting position
- High-quality aluminium construction makes for easy handling
Cart sizes are relative to the driver’s height:
- Small: 120–165cm*
- Medium: 155–180cm
- Large: 170–195cm
- Extra Large: 180–210cm
*If your kids are shorter than 120cm, they can ride with you on a bigger cart!
Note: the weight limit for our mountain carts is 120kg.
What should I expect for my mountain carting session?
- Make sure you bring sturdy footwear & clothing layers – especially a windproof jacket as mountain conditions can change very quickly
- Once you get to the top of the Cardrona mountain road, head to the Ticket Office to pick up your carting passes (if you haven’t already done so in Queenstown or Wanaka)
- Head over to Cart HQ (to the right of the Archway), where you will be fitted out with a mountain cart, helmet, & optional goggles & overalls
- You’ll get a safety briefing from the team member at Cart HQ, do a little practise & head to the lift for some 3-wheeled FUN!