As an internationally recognised, successful & fully-tiered ski race programme, the Cardrona Alpine Ski Team offers an experience like no other.
From entry-level to professional FIS athletes, enhance your skiing & let our programmes & coaches guide you to victory.
The Cardrona Alpine Ski Team has been hugely successful with an outstanding record of results throughout New Zealand. It is a fully-tiered race training program that caters for entry-level racers right through to elite FIS athletes, & attracts a following of athletes from all over the world. Our well-known coaches have a wealth of knowledge, experience & passion for ski racing that will help you achieve your goals. Our programmes range from weekend groups to full-time coaching & include on & off-snow training, as well as event support.
Why train at Cardrona?
- We're the preferred Southern Hemisphere training ground of the Austrian & Swiss World Cup ski teams – come & train alongside the best in the world!
- We're the only mountain with the ability to train on such varied terrain – steeps, flats, SG, GS & slalom
- We have amazing training slopes exclusive for our team.
- Our specially-designed training piste, Tail Race, is an amazing setup with full-length vertical for slalom FIS races & equally-incredible GS training. This slope has it all – undulating terrain, 80m wide, with fixed-installed tower snow guns specifically designed for a guaranteed hard surface.
- CAST's proven success: We've had the most successful team for many years, with top athletes claiming overall season prizes.
- We can arrange homestay, English schooling & more during your training time here.
What does a typical day at CAST look like?
|8 am approx||Arrive Cardrona|
|8.20 am||Athletes and coaches at meeting point|
|8.30 am||Training begins|
|11.15 - 12 pm approx||Lunch|
|12 pm||Afternoon training and video analysis|
|2.30 pm||On snow training finishes|