No matter your age, ability level or experience, the Cardrona Freeride Squad has a big mountain programme to suit any athlete with freeride competition goals.
At Cardrona, there are freeride programmes for skiers of every age & ability. Once you’ve decided to specialise in the freeride/big mountain discipline, you can choose between our Locals or National programmes to make the most out of your season at Cardrona.
The Freeride programmes are designed to develop:
- understanding the judging process & comp format
- line selection & recall skills
- understanding snow conditions, changes & weather, & how this impacts line choice
- learning about calculated risk & fun factors
- freeride technique & off-piste skiing development
- air & landing technique, freestyle tricks in & out of the terrain park
Locals Programme is for entry level & intermediate freeride/big mountain skiers, aged 7-11, working on developing ...
National Programme is for advanced & experienced freeride athletes aged 10-16, who are looking to compete in national level events like the NZ Youth Freeride Tour, & the NZ Junior Nationals. Our Cardrona Freeride Squad coaches will guide you through each event, right at your side as you look to achieve your freeride goals this winter season!
Full season (15 weeks)
Local Level 2 Day Programme - Thursday + Saturday
National Level 2 Day Programme - Friday + Sunday
Airshed, gym membership, transport*
4 days per week: $5100 2 days per week: $2550
*Contact us for information about programme add-ons, pricing or register here for the upcoming winter season.