As an internationally recognised, successful and fully-tiered ski race programme, the Wanaka Ski Team offers an experience like no other.
From entry-level to professional FIS athletes, enhance your skiing and let our programmes and coaches guide you to victory. The Wanaka Ski Team has been formed to join together two of the country's most successful ski race programmes - Cardrona Alpine Ski Team and Team TC - and trains on both Cardrona and Treble Cone mountains.
Both the CAST and Team TC programmes have been hugely successful with an outstanding record of results throughout New Zealand, and we're now very excited to bring them together under the Wanaka Ski Team banner. It is a fully-tiered race training programme that caters for entry-level racers right through to elite FIS athletes and attracts a following of athletes from all over the world. Our well-known coaches have a wealth of knowledge, experience and passion for ski racing that will help you achieve your goals. Our programmes range from weekend groups to full-time coaching and include on and off-snow training, as well as event support.
If you're an international team looking to train at either Cardrona or Treble Cone, please head to our International Teams page to find more information.
Why train at Cardrona and treble cone?
- We're the preferred Southern Hemisphere training ground of the Austrian & Swiss World Cup ski teams – come & train alongside the best in the world!
- We're the only mountain with the ability to train on such varied terrain – steeps, flats, SG, GS & slalom
- We have amazing training slopes exclusive for our team.
- Our specially-designed training piste, Tail Race, is an amazing setup with full-length vertical for slalom FIS races and equally-incredible GS training. This slope at Cardrona has it all – undulating terrain, 80m wide, with fixed-installed tower snow guns specifically designed for a guaranteed hard surface. Over at Treble Cone, Skyte, Lower Sinclairs and Mainstreet are our early morning training grounds.
- Proven success: We've had the most successful team for many years, with top athletes claiming overall season prizes.
- We can arrange homestay, English schooling and more during your training time here.
What does a typical day at WST look like?
|8am approx.||Arrive at Cardrona or Treble Cone|
|8.20am||Athletes and coaches at the meeting point|
|11.15am - 12pm approx||Lunch|
|12pm||Afternoon training and video analysis|
|2.30pm||On snow training finishes|