Cardrona offers a range of medical facilities on the mountain. If you need help from our on-mountain doctors, nurses or physiotherapists, visit us in the right hand corner of the main Courtyard.
At Cardrona there is a doctor, nurse, physiotherapist & ski patrollers on duty from 8.30am – 4.30pm every day.
We provide emergency care & medical treatment for all guests & staff, & can arrange referral to other medical facilities for further treatment if required. Ski Patrol monitor on-slope safety constantly & can be approached for assistance at any time.
There are first aid kits throughout the resort & 2 Automated External Defibrillators. Overnight, there is a manager to assist with emergency health problems for apartments guests. We do not have x-ray facilities on-site.
Anyone receiving treatment will be subject to a surcharge, which is payable on the day.
Wanaka Physiotherapy is proud to be associated with Cardrona to provide highly qualified Sports Medicine & Musculo-Skeletal physiotherapists. We can be found in Cardrona’s Medical Centre.
The team at Wanaka Physiotherapy are the lead providers for the NZ Olympic Winter Performance Programme, freeski, snowboard & alpine ski racing.
Appointments can be made by phoning +64 3 443 0734 (Wanaka Physiotherapy) or visiting the Medical Centre reception at Cardrona.
What can we do for you?
- Self-referral to physiotherapy
- Ability to file ACC claim at Cardrona branch or at Wanaka Physiotherapy
- Consultations under ACC are $22 for 30mins or $45 for an extended session
- Soft tissue recovery/massage/private non-ACC consultations are also available
- Assessment/diagnosis/management of injuries & if necessary referral on to Doctor/x-ray
- Provide strapping/taping/braces
- Provide on-mountain cover for teams’ training at Cardrona as well as events
Outside of Cardrona Clinic hours?
Services are available at Wanaka Physiotherapy located Wanaka Lakes Health Centre, 23 Cardrona Valley Road. Open 7 days including evening appointments, offering pilates & gym-based rehabilitation.