Here we go – the last weekend of Winter 2018! This Sunday is Cardrona Closing Day & we've got an epic day planned...
For our last What's On for the 2018 winter season, we thought we'd give you a rundown of the weekend ahead – we've got some epic stuff planned & some big prizes to give away!
First off, we just want to thank you all for an incredible winter at Cardrona – it's been an action-packed season & we're so stoked you all came up to ski, snowboard, eat good food & check out the views here. We've had so much support for all we do up at Cardrona, plus all the cool stuff we're doing in the future like Pringles next year & Soho in the next few years.
Also a big cheers to our epic winter crew who've made this season one to remember – you're all awesome & we can't wait to do it all again next year!
With just two days left of the season the weather forecast gets a bit simpler – it's looking like an epic last weekend! The team at Metservice reckon we'll mostly have a fine day on Saturday (with a bit of a breeze so pack your windbreaker), & Sunday is supposed to be pretty fine & warm. Remember – Sunday is our last day so make sure you get up here then & enjoy a super sunny Labour Day on the lakefront!
Here's all the info you need for Closing Day on Sunday:
- We'll be running McDougall's Chondola & the Learner Conveyors
- It's dress up! Anything goes – put on your best onesie, embrace your inner superhero... the wackier the better!
- We've got some epic stuff to give away, & we're doing it all on our Instagram @cardronanz story. Keep an eye out on that to see how you could win:
- A Cardrona GOLD season pass (for both summer & winter)
- A GoPro Hero camera
- A pair of Dragon Alliance Jossi Wells Signature NFX2 goggles
- A $100 voucher for Volcom
- There'll be music in the Courtyard, food specials, & more entertainment throughout the day!
We'll see you up here on Sunday...
This weekend we've got Stag Lane & Lil' Bucks parks open to the public; the halfpipes & Big Bucks are closed for Spring Camp. A massive thanks to the North Face Cardrona Parks Crew for this season – I'm sure you'll all agree the parks have been epic this year!
Things to look out for
This is the best time to get your 2019 season pass... our Price Freeze sale is on now! Get your 2019 pass at the 2018 Earlybird rates before prices go up on November 1. If you're keen to ride summer on your mountain bike as well as in winter on your skis or board, you'll be able to grab a Cardrona Gold pass in November.
A massive thanks again to all our whanau for an epic 2018 winter season! We'll see you all on Sunday to see it off in style, & hope to see you up here for some summer shredding from December 1...
October 19, 2018