The 2018 Audi quattro Winter Games NZ have officially kicked off at Cardrona!
This week on the mountain we've had a couple of wee dustings of snow that've freshened up the whole mountain – it's looking beautiful up here!
We've got an epic couple of weeks of action up at Cardrona, with today the official first day of this year's Audi quattro Winter Games NZ. Check out the full schedule under events below. We're super excited to see the world's best junior athletes competing in the Junior World Cup events over the next week & a half, followed by the FIS Big Air World Cup!
This weekend we're open an extra 30mins till 4.30pm – enjoy an extra few runs on us!
The good folks at SnowsBest.com are predicting another couple of cms of snow early tomorrow morning before a mostly clear day, & a stunner on Sunday! There's a bit of a storm coming through on Monday which could make for an epic Tuesday...
The full Audi quattro Winter Games NZ schedule at Cardrona is:
- Sat Aug 25 – JWC Freeski & Snowboard Big Air Finals
- Sun Aug 26 – JWC Ski & Snowboard Cross Qualifiers
- Mon Aug 27 – JWC Ski & Snowboard Cross Finals
- Tues Aug 28 – JWC Ski & Snowboard Cross Team Finals
- Wed Aug 29 – JWC Freeski & Snowboard Slopestyle Qualifiers
- Thurs Aug 30 – JWC Freeski & Snowboard Slopestyle Qualifiers
- Fri Aug 31 – JWC Freeski & Snowboard Slopestyle Finals
- Sun Sept 2 – JWC Freeski & Snowboard Halfpipe Qualifiers
- Mon Sept 3 – JWC Freeski & Snowboard Halfpipe Qualifiers
- Tues Sept 4 – JWC Freeski & Snowboard Halfpipe Finals
- Wed Sept 5 – FIS Freeski & Snowboard World Cup Big Air Qualifiers
- Wed Sept 5 – JWC Snowboard Parallel Giant Slalom
- Thurs Sept 6 – FIS Freeski & Snowboard World Cup Big Air Qualifiers
- Thurs Sept 6 – JWC Snowboard Parallel Giant Slalom
- Fri Sept 7 – FIS Freeski & Snowboard World Cup Big Air Finals
- Sat Sept 8 – FIS Freeski & Snowboard World Cup Big Air Finals
- Sat Sept 8 – Official Closing Ceremony & Freeski Awards Ceremony
There's a LOT going on up the mountain for the Winter Games NZ – make sure you come on up to check out the action, the hang out zones & the aprés ski parties!
The Big Air is officially open & the athletes are absolutely sending it on it! The International Minipipe opened for the very first time today – we can't wait to see everyone having a blast in there too! The North Face Cardrona Parks Crew have been putting in the yards to get the parks & pipes ready for a busy events season, so we just want to take this moment to say a massive THANK YOU to them – it's looking incredible out there.
Things to look out for
To celebrate the Audi quattro Winter Games NZ, the team at Audi NZ have carved an awesome 4-tonne ice sculpture at the top of the McDougall's Chondola, with a limited time offer. While the ice sculpture lasts, you can get $6000 credit when you purchase any new Audi quattro vehicle (nationwide). Get in quick though – once the ice is gone, so is the offer!
We'll see you up here for the Winter Games NZ! Don't forget – Spring passes are still on sale... get yours online now!