This week at Cardrona saw the start of the Audi quattro Winter Games NZ – next week we continue the Games & kick off Winter Pride!
We've finished off an action-packed August this week with the start of the Audi quattro Winter Games NZ – we've had Junior World Cup Big Air, Slopestyle & Skier/Boarder-Cross all up at Cardrona. We've still got Halfpipe & the FIS World Cup Big Air to go... it's gonna be an awesome week of competition ahead!
We're pretty excited to be a mountain host for Winter Pride 2018, which kicks off this weekend. It's one of the most fun weeks on the mountain – the best aprés sessions of the winter! Come on up & join in the fun, everyone is welcome!
We've been scoping out a few weather forecasting sites ahead of a wee storm this weekend... but they all seem to agree that there's snow in the forecast for Sunday & Monday! Monday afternoon is looking like it could hold the first fresh lines after the snow comes through, & some fine weather on Tuesday & Wednesday is going to bring some fun in the midst of Winter Games NZ & Winter Pride!
We're celebrating Winter Pride up at Cardrona with Onesie Day on September 5! Get your animal on, become your favourite superhero... we wanna see your best onesie!!
We've still got a lot of Audi quattro Winter Games NZ action next week! The remaining schedule at Cardrona is:
- Sun Sept 2 – JWC Freeski & Snowboard Halfpipe Qualifiers
- Mon Sept 3 – JWC Freeski & Snowboard Halfpipe Qualifiers
- Tues Sept 4 – JWC Freeski & Snowboard Halfpipe Finals
- Wed Sept 5 – FIS Freeski & Snowboard World Cup Big Air Qualifiers
- Wed Sept 5 – JWC Snowboard Parallel Giant Slalom
- Thurs Sept 6 – FIS Freeski & Snowboard World Cup Big Air Qualifiers
- Thurs Sept 6 – JWC Snowboard Parallel Giant Slalom
- Fri Sept 7 – FIS Freeski & Snowboard World Cup Big Air Finals
- Sat Sept 8 – FIS Freeski & Snowboard World Cup Big Air Finals
- Sat Sept 8 – Official Closing Ceremony & Freeski Awards Ceremony
With all Terrain Park facilities open, the North Face Cardrona Parks Crew have been absolutely smashing it!
Tomorrow (Saturday) the Volcom crew continue their Road Rager with an on-snow rail jam in Stag Lane. They've got some epic prizes to give away – check out all the info on the Volcom Snow Road Rager Facebook event page.
Things to look out for
As part of the Winter Games NZ, Asahi have brought up an epic Onsen onto the mountain! You can bring yourself & 5 mates in for a soak on the mountain for FREE – you just need to book your Asahi Onsen spot here.
Don't forget – Spring passes are still on sale... get yours online now! Happy Winter Pride everyone!