This Pipelines ski report has a little bit of goodness for you, just in time for NZ school holidays...
Our new slopeside aprés bar, The Lounge, opens for the first time today! It's got an amazing selection of craft beers & the full Real Journeys wine list - the perfect place to stop for a quiet refreshment at the end of the day. The Lounge will also serve delicious cabinet food & coffee, & has work stations on the top floor if you need to send a quick email from the best office ever!
We're also looking to start tubing this coming week! Keep an eye on our Facebook page for more info on its new location & the confirmed start date.
The snow this week has been AMAZING! We had 45cm of snow fall in less than a week so the mountain is looking incredible & on-trail conditions are great.
The next few days are looking pretty good, with mostly clear skies & light winds. Snow-Forecast's long range forecast for Tuesday/Wednesday shows a wee bit of snow...
Registration is open for our youth events these school holidays:
- Pīki Maunga Rangatahi (Big Mountain Youth), July 16
- Park Attack Slopestyle - Lil' Bucks, July 19 (please note this is a week later than previous calendars!)
- Park Attack Slopestyle - Antlers Alley, July 21
Register early & avoid the queues on the day!
The Parks Crew have been smashing it in the last week! There are now 17 features in Stag Lane & Big Bucks, Antlers Alley is open & Lil' Bucks has moved to the same place it was the season before last, but BETTER. The summer crew spent a lot of time reshaping Lil' Bucks so it flows way smoother & links to Antlers Alley without any awkward traversing. The boys are now turning their attention to the Big Bucks triple line... watch this space!
Things to check out
Over the next couple of weeks we've got a truckload of Nature Valley™ bars to give away. They'll be all over the mountain so keep an eye out & grab a bar to keep you going out on the slopes these school holidays!
Deals & Tips
With NZ school holidays starting today, our Rental department might get a little busier! So we've got a couple of tips to help you move through quicker with both you & the kids:
- If your kids are booked into group lessons all day, throw a Kids' Club add-on on top. It means you can skip Rentals with your kids entirely – take them straight to The Den at Snow Sports HQ & we'll get them sorted for their day on the snow! They get lunch too, & it means you can take a break...
- If it's your first time putting ski or snowboard boots on, wave down one of our Hosts in Rentals (they wear a blue jack & yellow pants). They'll show you how to put them on right the first time, so you're not in & out of them while you try to make them fit.
- Get here with plenty of time. If you're booked into the 10.20am group lesson, aim to be on the mountain by 9am. That gives you ages to get through Rentals, & means you might even have time for a well-deserved coffee before you head out!
With squeaky, beeeautiful snow on trail, a bit of snow in the forecast, amazing terrain parks & free bars to snack on the go, the first week of the NZ school holidays is shaping up to be one for the books! We'll see you all up here!