Cardrona is the place to be for halfpipe training and competitions!
At Cardrona, we have a long history of providing halfpipe training for the top athletes in the world. Our dedication to this sport shows in the results of the Kiwis and international athletes training at our resort.
We maintain one Olympic Superpipe (22ft) and one International Mini Pipe (12-14ft) in the months of August, September and October (our scheduled Olympic pipe opening is August 10, 2019). We have a dedicated platter lift to service halfpipes. The lap time is minimal and the lift ride only takes 3 minutes. The halfpipe is built by Pyeongchang Olympic pipe shaper Ali Zehetner with a Zaugg+.
Halfpipe Sessions 2019
This year the Wells Pipe Platter & the Olympic Halfpipe will be open to the public at 9am. From 7am–9am daily, you are able to book exclusive pipe sessions for individuals or teams. These sessions will be limited to 50 riders per day and cost $100NZD per athlete, per session. To book an early morning pipe session, use the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pipe sessions are determined by weather and snow conditions – check our daily Snow Report for info from 6am.
- Pipe maintenance is subject to weather and machinery availability.
- Because you're on the mountain before our opening at 8.30am, please follow all directions by Ski Patrol.
- Access will be limited to athletes and working coaches only.
- All pipe users before 8.30am need to walk up the Beginners' Area to the pipe.
- Private session pricing does not include a lift pass – this must be purchased separately.
- If training after 9am, please make sure you're following our External Coaching guidelines.
- The Olympic Halfpipe will not be available for bookings due to events on these dates:
- August 16 (August 17 postponement day)
- August 25 - 27 (August 28 postponement day)
- September 4 - 7 (September 8 postponement day)
- October 2 (October 4 & 5 postponement day)