Cardrona’s Adaptive Programme
Cardrona’s Adaptive programme provides support for people with physical, sensory & cognitive impairments. This programme ensures there is no limit to enjoying the freedom of skiing & boarding with your family & friends.
- Instruction provided by experienced & qualified adaptive instructors
- Equipment – we have a variety of specialist adaptive equipment available from our Rental Department
- Complimentary on-snow assistance is a key factor in the success of our programme. We have a team of trained volunteers giving first timers security on the learner slopes & support for advanced riders exploring more challenging areas
- Making it easier – Ticket Office, Rentals, Base Café & Captain’s Café are all accessible, & disabled parking is available. We recognise the extra cost often involved in adaptive snow sports so we offer some great deals to members of Adaptive Snow Sports NZ
Make a Booking
The Adaptive programme is part of the Cardrona Ski & Snowboard School. It is essential that you book in advance to guarantee the support you require is available. Please contact our Adaptive Coordinator to find out more, discuss your requirements & to organise the following:
- On-snow volunteer support
- Car parking
|Lift Passes 2016||SSNZ Members||Non members|
|Adult Day Lift Pass||$52||$103|
|Student Lift Pass||$41||$82|
|Child Lift Pass||$26||$52|
|Rental 2016||SSNZ Members||Non members|
|Mono or Bi Ski (with outriggers)||$22||$42|
|Ski Links||$5 Deposit||$10|
|Visually impaired bibs||$5 Deposit||$10|
|Adult ski or board set||$25||$50|
|Child ski or board set||$20||$40|
|Private Lessons 2016||SSNZ Members*||Non members*|
|Half Day (3 hours)||$210||$349|
|Full Day (6 hours)||$366||$610|
In order to obtain your 50% discount (40% for Ski & Snowboard School), you must be members of Snow Sports NZ. To do this, please go to www.snowsports.co.nz & click on membership. Once you have joined you will receive an Adaptive membership card which will entitle you to support in the Cardrona Adaptive programme.
Half day lessons are recommended for first time sit skiers (mono & bi ski) to ensure equipment is fitted correctly. Up to 2 others are welcome to join your lesson to discover how best to provide on-snow support.
Group lessons are available at the discretion of the adaptive coordinator. Participants will need to be of a similar ability level & use the same equipment. Group lessons are not recommended for first timers. Maximum of 4-6 people depending on ability & volunteer availability.
Thanks to the support of the Adaptive Snow Sports New Zealand, the Adaptive programme provides trained volunteers who offer complimentary on-snow support for people requiring assistance to access the mountain. As volunteers are not based on the mountain it is essential that individuals or groups wishing to use this service book in advance.
Adaptive Snowsports New Zealand
A national charitable organisation which provides world class recreational, rehabilitation, educational & competitive sporting opportunities. Their programmes help to remove participation barriers & encourage people with physical or intellectual disabilities to get in involved in snow sports. To find out more about events, equipment & techniques, joining or supporting Adaptive Snow Sports NZ check out the website www.snowsports.co.nz